Sunday, February 3, 2008

Going to France!

I started distributing books for Barefoot Books mainly so I could fill our home library with unique and meaningful children's literature by this environmentally conscious and globally minded independent publisher. I had hoped that by starting my own business I would also find an outlet for my creative energies, have some "Me Time", and rebuild my career skills (after being out of the sales/marketing and sales training workforce for 6 yrs). One year later, my Barefoot Journey has fulfilled all those goals and taken me further than I dreamed... all the way to France! As the 2007 "Best US Newcomer", I will be attending the Barefoot 2008 International Summit, an intimate meeting at the Toulouse home of our company Founder and CEO, to discuss the direction of Barefoot's future and review the new products in the pipeline! Barefoot is a relatively small company and I look forward to all the opportunity in store. In our digital world of computer tots and Wii kids, it's extremely rewarding to be able to bring families inspiring art and story in a high quality book that children can hold in their hands and treasure throughout their lives. Thank you to all my current and future customers who have made this possible.

1 comment:

janetwilkinson said...

Well don Leonore. I'll be at the France summit too (top personal sales in the UK) Looking forward to meeting you then.