Sunday, November 2, 2008

Living Barefoot Is...

Last week, Barefoot Books asked its Stallholder Community to submit a photo and a quote as a contest to create a new e-campaign. Our guidelines seemed simple enough: a photo of a barefoot child in an autumnal setting and a quote to describe what Living Barefoot means to us. AH! That should be easy for me; I have so many thoughts on Living Barefoot! It’s the title of my blog. I could spout off forever. But here’s the catch: our quotes had to be 40 words or less – so I could not spout off forever after all. 40 words is actually quite short. I'm a better formal writer and not much of a journalist. I was sure I would just throw in the towel and write a nice long gratuitous blog post instead. But I stuck with it and kinda like my slender 40 words. In the end, I did not win the contest, but here is my quote; along with my wonderful photo of Ryker “Living Barefoot”.


Living Barefoot is a global consciousness. Just as feeling the earth beneath our feet connects us to the importance of maintaining a healthy planet; reading Barefoot Books connects children to world cultures, creating a future global community with greater understanding.

BTW, don't forget Barefoot is offering 30% off on all web orders through Monday, November 3rd. Use special offer code SCLB30 at checkout!

No comments: